In 2005, Maurizio Borletti and Paolo De Spirt founded Borletti Group as an independent entity to attract third party investors to their private equity initiatives.
Maurizio Borletti is a highly-successful entrepreneur in the luxury and retail industry for over 25 years, driving the strong focus and recognition of Borletti Group in the luxury retail and department stores sectors. Prior to founding Borletti Group he has been a successful investor in various companies. He has managed as CEO the repositioning of Christofle from 1993 to 2003 and led since 1989 Amministrazione Borletti, one of the oldest Italian family offices founded in 1865.
Paolo De Spirt started his career as an investment banker. His experience as a top manager in luxury and fashion groups such as Ferragamo and Ungaro, in addition to his track record as a retail chain entrepreneur, led to the creation of Borletti Group’s “active investor” approach.
Both founders of Borletti Group brought a strong knowledge of the retail, luxury and branded consumer goods sectors and have since put together a series of deals that grew out of this experience:
- Launch of Borletti Group
- la Rinascente acquisition
- Sale of Printemps
- Opening of the London office
- Launch of the Asset Management division
- Meridiana Bologna (opportunistic Real Estate)
- Grandi Stazioni Retail Acquisition
- Torino B&B hotel acquisition
- Listing of SPACTIV
- Meridiana Carducci (high-end co-working space)
- MooRER acquisition (Luxury outerwear brand for man and woman)
- Moose Knuckles Canada Luxury outerwear)
Hippocrates Holding (independent pharmacy platform)
Zimmermann (Australian luxury brand focused on resort, beachwear and ready to wear for woman)